Friday 4 August 2017

two weeks ago Alison returned to work

And I agreed to be Luna minder for Mondays and Tuesdays - two x 12 hour days or thereabouts! I have to admit I was worried to death to be fair that I would cope with a 5 month old baby and would have preferred that Alison had returned to work in October when I thought she was going to - when Luna would have been around 8 months old and starting on finger foods and being able to sit in a high chair better etc etc.

WELL.  I needn't have worried because she has been as good as gold.  the odd day where she is a bit niggly but generally a wonderful little child, who will sit for ages just staring at the TV - but I don't like her to do that.

I have had play times with her, and I bought a highchair this week and sat her in it, although she is a bit small for it yet - for 10 mins or so to have a little playtime was great yesterday.

PLUS this week - my 2nd week the other nanny (who will be having Luna latter part of the week) was rushed into hospital with a suspected stroke - at 39 this was a terrible worry, a worry at whatever age but even more so at 39 years old.  Good news is that she is perfectly OK, but meant that I had Luna for 4 days and a total of 40 hours, I had to book annual leave from work for my latter part of week two day job at the hospital, but it meant that for the first time in a long long time i did a 40 hour week, it was like having a job as you can't just leave her.

I took her upstairs thinking I could craft for maybe half hour - took a towel upstairs to lie her down on and within two minutes she was crying - she hates being on her back !  So that was my crafting escapade stopped in its tracks.  I am sure things will get better and I will be able to get on with things as she gets older.  Lets face it 6 months has already whizzed past and so in just 3 years time she will be attending nursery.

I think I did really well at 61 and thinking I wouldn't cope - and I think she had a very happy experience here with nanna.b and nanna.b had a really happy experience having her here.  Lots of photo's - here are just a few.























No comments:

Post a Comment